Are you passionate about Public Affairs? Do you have a strong and mature network in Brussels? And are you solution oriented and looking for a new opportunity?
For our international office in Brussels we are looking for an:
EU affairs Consultant
Brussels | 38 hours a week | starting date: as soon as possible
Responsibilities / Job description
- Acquisition of new business and building new network in the European and Belgian market.
- Day-to-day handling of client accounts from leading businesses, trade associations and multi-stakeholder initiatives in life sciences & health, innovation and technology, agriculture or food & nutrition.
- Develop lobby and communication strategies and concrete action plans. Coordinate and execute activities within project teams.
- Monitor legislative developments, identify decision makers and procedures, lobby, meet officials and draft position papers.
- Develop deeper knowledge in several of the agency’s key sectors.
Qualifications and experience
- 3-5 Years experience in public affairs and communications, either within an agency, a national or international business or a relevant institution - or a mix of these.
- Proven public affairs experience in one or more of the following sectors: life sciences & health, innovation and technology, agriculture or food & nutrition.
- A client driven attitude in acquisition and execution of projects.
- Proven experience in project management of European projects.
- A strong and mature network in Brussels and proven business development skills.
- A high level of written and spoken English (native speaker or equivalent). Knowledge of either Dutch, French or German is desirable, knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
- Good social skills and a hands-on, flexible and solution-oriented work mentality.
- Support of the mission and philosophy of Schuttelaar & Partners.
- A challenging opportunity to contribute to our mission
- A professional environment composed of experts with diverse backgrounds
- A collegial working atmosphere in an international team
- A dynamic, ambitious and informal work environment
- An environment in which initiative is highly appreciated
- A competitive remuneration package
We would like to receive your letter of motivation and CV as soon as possible by e-mail at email@example.com. The closing date is 20 January 2018.
The first round of interviews will be on 24 and 25 January 2018. The second on 30 January 2018. Will you please hold a reservation in your calendar?
For more information please do not hesitate to call us.