Seaweed is increasingly seen as a nature-based solution for climate change and as an essential part of other sustainable innovations. Would you like to play a key role in developing this innovative sector? Does communicating about the positive impacts and endless possibilities of seaweed bring a spark to your eyes? Do you thrive when engaging with all kinds of stakeholders? To activate them, support collaborations and push the seaweed sector forward? Then this is your chance!
We are offering the position of a:
The Hague | 32-40 hours a week | as soon as possible
Who are we?
North Sea Farmers works on developing knowledge and experience on offshore cultivation, and developing markets both in food and non-food applications such as feed, fertilizers, biofuel, bioplastics and other biobased materials. As an innovative European sector organisation we raise awareness, improve access to information and research and contribute to international and national policies and standards. We facilitate joint industry projects, and organise conferences and networking events, building on an active member network with actors from the entire value chain.
North Sea Farmers is an international non-profit membership organization for the seaweed sector, consisting of approximately one hundred diverse partners. We work on joint investment projects and knowledge exchange regarding all aspects of sustainable seaweed cultivation. The activities are focused on, but not limited to, the North Sea. We are a non-profit organization with an ANBI status.
Together with our members, we develop and strengthen an economic sector that contributes to positive climate solutions, nature enhancement, environment, wellbeing and health. Therefore, on land and sea, North Sea Farmers’ activities improve marine biodiversity, reduce carbon emissions and are part of the circular economy.
What do you bring to the table?
- With your communication skills and passion for the subject you involve (more) parties in our seaweed movement.
- You organize a clear voice in the media.
- You feed and connect an interactive community through various communication tools such as newsletters and social media channels, but also through organizing events.
- You manage the brand style, internally and externally, you show what happens to our members, you share updates from our Offshore Test Site and you respond to policy issues.
- Your work is therefore both executive and coordinating, independently and in a team. In this way you, together with the team, contribute to the climate impact of seaweed on a national and international level!
- Are a real communications all-rounder
- Have a hands-on mentality and like to make it concrete
- Have demonstrable experience in informing, convincing and mobilizing supporters and stakeholders
- Have an HBO or WO working and thinking level
- Have at least 4 years of relevant work experience in a similar position
- Have excellent oral and written skills (English and Dutch)
- Are ntrinsically motivated to achieve social impact
- Work independently and know how to involve team members in your work when necessary
What we have to offer
- A highly ambitious and impactful mission
- Challenging goals that will inspire you to grow personally and professionally
- A broad spectrum of pioneering stakeholders to work with
- A unique opportunity to help shape the seaweed sector
- An amazingly eager team of seven professionals focused on achieving real impact
- A conversation starter at every party
Are you interested?
Please submit your one-page motivation and CV before 30 May to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First interviews will be scheduled on Monday 13 or Wednesday 15 June from 13u. The second round will be on Monday 20 June from 13u. Will you hold reservations in your calendar as much as possible?
Would you like to know more? Please contact: