Are you passionate about Public Affairs? And about agri, food or health? Are you eager to contribute to a healthier and more sustainable world? Then we would definitely like to meet you.
For our international office in Brussels we are looking for an:
EU Public Affairs Senior Consultant for a healthy and sustainable world
Brussels | 38 hours a week | Starting date: as soon as possible
Who are we?
We are Schuttelaar & Partners, the leading communications consultancy that strives to promote greater health and sustainability. To do so, we rely on a combination of science, social dialogue and good sense to help our clients build public support for sustainable innovations in food, agriculture, technology and human health. Our 90+ consultants, just like our clients, come from all walks of life: government, industry, research and NGOs. Thanks to our unique spectrum of in-house experts and experience - which range from scientists and journalists to graphic designers and internet specialists - we develop and help guide public affairs and communication projects from start to finish. Schuttelaar & Partners has offices in Brussels, The Hague and Wageningen and is part of an international network of PR/PA agencies.
What will you do?
- Acquisition of new business and building new network in the European and Belgian market
- Develop lobby and communication strategies and concrete action plans
- Coordinate and execute activities within project teams
- Day-to-day handling of client accounts from leading businesses, trade associations and multi-stakeholder initiatives in life sciences & health, innovation & technology, agriculture or food & nutrition
- Monitor legislative developments, identify decision makers and procedures, lobby, meet officials and draft position papers
- Develop deeper knowledge in several of the agency’s key sectors
- 7+ years of experience in a consultancy
- 5+ years experience public affairs within Brussels
- 5+ years of experience working within one of the following sectors within an international context: agriculture, food & nutrition and life sciences & pharma
- A strong and mature network in Brussels with excellent networking and business development skills
- A client driven attitude in acquisition capability and experience in European tenders
- A good level of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other European languages is an asset. Knowledge of either Dutch, French or German is desirable, knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
- Support of the mission and philosophy of Schuttelaar & Partners
What we have to offer
- A challenging opportunity to contribute to our mission
- A professional environment composed of experts with diverse backgrounds
- A collegial working atmosphere in an international team
- A dynamic, ambitious and informal work environment
- An environment in which initiative is highly appreciated
- A competitive remuneration package
How to apply
We are looking forward to your motivation letter and CV at firstname.lastname@example.org. Of course, you can also get in touch with us for more information.
Closing date is Tuesday 29 June. The first selection interviews will be on Friday 2 July. The second round will take place on Tuesday 6 July and Wednesday 7 July. Will you please hold a reservation in your calendar?
Edwin Hecker, Managing Partner, + 31 6 21 28 88 03
Karin van Dooren, Human Resources, +31 6 55 73 18 76