Are you passionate about Public Affairs? And about life sciences & healthy living, agriculture and food? Are you eager to contribute to a healthier and more sustainable world? Then we would like to invite you for an interview on how to accelerate this transition together.
For our international team in Brussels we are looking for an:
EU Public Affairs Junior Consultant
for a healthy and sustainable world
Brussels | 38 hours a week | starting date: as soon as possible
Team Public Affairs
Our society is in transition. Economic growth, financial stability, and security are no longer the sole pillars of prosperity. Linear economy needs to be reshaped into a circular one to ensure a sustainable future. Clean and innovative technologies disrupt the markets, while new ways of producing food and energy emerge. Subsequently, companies and civil society progressively become aware of the necessity of this transformation. Decision makers rely increasingly on external inputs to facilitate the democratization process, but legislation is lagging behind, hampering this unprecedented transition. We derive our leadership in creating positive impact.
Our new Public Affairs colleague will help us to pave the way towards health and sustainability incorporated into strategic solutions together with our clients. Are you familiar with the EU policy landscape and want to develop an area of expertise in the above-mentioned sectors? Join our multicultural team in Brussels.
Our content-driven expertise combined with the ability to listen to our clients’ needs allows us not only to tackle existing problems but also to anticipate their occurrence effectively.
We have over fifteen years of experience in the EU public arena, helping clients to navigate the complex EU political and regulatory environment and communicate their positions effectively to the relevant target groups and sectors.
What will you do?
- Day-to-day handling of client accounts from businesses, trade associations and multi-stakeholder initiatives in life sciences & health, agriculture and food
- Contribute to EU policy reports, sectorial quantitative & qualitative analyses, position papers and presentations, stakeholder mapping, analyses and management, new media campaigns, strategic recommendations, policy events, creative communication support, EU affairs training
- Coordinate and execute activities within project teams
- Monitor legislative developments, identify decision makers and procedures, lobby, meet officials and draft position papers
- Develop deeper knowledge in several of the agency’s key sectors
- 1-3 Years of experience in public affairs and communications, either within an agency, a consultancy firm or a relevant institution - or a mix of these
- Proven public affairs experience in one or more of the following sectors: life sciences & healthy living, agriculture and food
- A client driven attitude in execution of projects and acquisition
- Proven experience in European projects, such as H2020
- A strong network in Brussels and Belgium and business development skills
- A high level of written and spoken English. Knowledge of either Dutch, French or German is desirable. Knowledge of other European languages is an asset
- Good social skills and a hands-on, flexible and solution-oriented work mentality
- Support of the mission and philosophy of Schuttelaar & Partners
What we have to offer
- A challenging opportunity to contribute to our mission
- A professional environment composed of experts with diverse backgrounds
- A collegial working atmosphere in an international team
- A dynamic, ambitious and informal work environment
- An environment in which initiative is highly appreciated
- A competitive remuneration package
How to apply
We are looking forward to your motivation letter and CV at email@example.com. Of course, you can also get in touch with us for more information.
Closing date is Wednesday June 19th. The first selection interviews will be on Tuesday June 25th and Wednesday June 26th. The second round will take place on Tuesday July 2nd. Will you please hold a reservation in your calendar?