Are you passionate about communication, public affairs and working in European Ecosystem in Brussels? Do you have a special interest in agriculture, health or food? Is social media communication one of your skills? Finally, are you eager to contribute to a healthier and more sustainable world? Then we would definitely like to meet you.
For our international office in Brussels we are looking for an:
European Projects Traineeship
Brussels | 38 hours a week | as soon as possible
We are offering a nine-month internship to a candidate looking to acquire first-hand experience in H2020 projects, in European public affairs and in a communications agency. If you would like to join a small team in on-going European projects and familiarise yourself with the work of a consultant, dealing with topics relating to communications and event organisation in agriculture, health & food at the EU level, then you may be the person we’re looking for!
Who are we?
We are Schuttelaar & Partners, the leading communications consultancy that strives to promote greater health and sustainability. To do so, we rely on a combination of science, social dialogue and good sense to help our clients build public support for sustainable innovations in food, agriculture, technology and human health. Our 90+ consultants, just like our clients, come from all walks of life: government, industry, research and NGOs. Thanks to our unique spectrum of in-house experts and experience - which range from scientists and journalists to graphic designers and internet specialists - we develop and help guide public affairs and communication projects from start to finish. Schuttelaar & Partners has offices in Brussels, The Hague and Wageningen and is part of an international network of PR/PA agencies.
What will you do?
- Administrative support to the Brussels’ team and involvement in various communication activities for Schuttelaar & Partners as a whole
- Support to (senior) consultants in their communication and/or public affairs activities, like preparation of meetings, making powerpoints, making minutes and organisation of telcos, desk research and interviews
- Assist (senior) consultants in H2020 project & event management. Your activities will include sending out invitations, reminders, contacting speakers, preparing the agenda, set up registration systems, etc
- Assist (senior) consultants in developing communication and social media strategies for European Projects. You need to be comfortable with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, developing content, managing the account and posting regular social media messages
- Help with institutional relations (PR activities)
- Monitoring of European developments of relevance for public affairs at specific topics related to S&P
What will your working day look like?
Let us show you an example of a regular Monday. You start with a coffee and share your weekend experiences, while starting up your laptop.
After a quick glance at your to do’s for the day, you start by monitoring the latest relevant news for Smart AgriHubs project (SAH). After making a first selection, you discuss this with Lorena and send out a Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn post on relevant news for the project.
For tomorrow’s team meeting you prepare the agenda, update the team’s to do list, and ask Manuel to provide his powerpoint for introduction to the team on the latest developments in de European Commission’s policy on agriculture, and send out the documentation.
After a joint lunch at the office (post-Covid) and a short walk in the park, you have a concentration block in your agenda to prepare for Smart Agri Hub’s upcoming event in Prague. You check the number of new registrations to get a picture of whether the event will be well attended. In last week’s meeting with the Smart Agri Hub’s internal team, the program was finetuned. You prepare an e-mail on this to inform the speakers and check with Lorena if you can send it out like that.
At 16:00 you have your weekly meeting with your mentor. Bea introduces you into your activities and the practicalities and guides you in the organisation of your work. After that, you register your project hours of the day and update your to-do-list for the coming week. Tomorrow you will start with the next priorities.
At the start of your internship your weeks and days will be somewhat the same. While gaining more experience, you will be included in a broader variety of projects and activities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in agriculture, health or food, with proven experience in public affairs, communication, or – the other way around – a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in public affairs, communication with a proven passion for agriculture, health or food
- Familiar with and active on social media channels
- Knowledge of or experience with website maintenance (in terms of content, not programming) is a plus
- A high level of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of any other language such as Spanish, French or German is an asset
- Excellent social skills and team spirit, with a hands-on, flexible and solution driven work mentality
- Knowledge about H2020 projects or any other type of EU projects is a plus
- Support for the mission and philosophy of Schuttelaar & Partners
What we have to offer
- A nine-month internship starting immediately and on a full-time basis (38 hours a week)
- After good results a possible next step is your promotion to junior consultant
- A monthly stipend of € 900 and lunch vouchers
- Challenging and varied work for a commercial agency with a social mission
- Guidance and coaching by senior professionals
- A professional, dynamic, and ambitious working environment, where we encourage personal initiative
How to apply
We are looking forward to your motivation letter and CV at email@example.com. Of course, you can also get in touch with us for more information.
Closing date is Sunday 20 June. The first selection interviews will be on Thursday 24 June and Friday 25 June. The second round will take place on Monday 28 June en Tuesday 29 June. Will you please hold a reservation in your calendar?
Edwin Hecker, Managing Partner, + 31 6 21 28 88 03
Karin van Dooren, Human Resources, 06 – 55 73 18 76